- This event has passed.
Private Scout Troop Cooking Experience
Thursday, November 11, 11:00 am - 1:00 pm$220
In our scout trips, children get hands-on experience in the kitchen. We teach the important life skill of cooking along with concepts of math and science. When they’ve finished cooking, the kids get to eat the food they prepared. Education and a meal are all wrapped into one fun experience!!!
COOKING EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
• Chef-led instruction and supervision of hands-on cooking class
• All ingredients for menu items; kids eat what they make and take home left-overs
• Iced tap water
• Use of JAX Cooking Studio aprons during the party
• Recipes for children to take home.
Savory Items (choose 1):
• Personal pizza (kids make dough and house makes marinara sauce)
• Beef tacos topped with cheese, sautéed veggies, and kid-made guacamole and salsa
• Baked Mac-n-Cheese with ham and from-scratch cheesy bechamel sauce
• Cheeseburger sliders topped with bacon, pickles, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, ketchup, and BBQ sauce
Sweet Items (choose 1):
• Four from-scratch cupcakes (kids frost cupcakes using pastry bags filled with house-made icing)
• Design your own chocolate chip cookies using an assortment of fun edible add-ins
• Vanilla cake balls dipped in chocolate and topped with fun sprinkles
• Homemade pop tarts with from-scratch pie dough and decorated with frosting and sprinkles
WHAT THE VISIT LOOKS LIKE: • During the cooking session, we review how to read the recipes and have the students practice that aloud. • We discuss the importance of mise en place (“everything in its place”) before beginning to cook to ensure that all the necessary ingredients and utensils/appliances are available to the home cook. • We review how to measure correctly and the students practice this as they make the recipes.
• Fifty percent of minimum charge is required as a deposit to reserve a date and time. Balance is due on day of party.
• Final guest count is due seven days before event. This number determines balance due on day of event and may not be reduced after guest count deadline.
• If event is canceled 30 days before scheduled event, a JAX Cooking Studio credit valid for one year will be issued. No credit or refunds will be issued for events canceled later than 30 days prior to the scheduled event.