- This event has passed.
Disney Inspired Cooking for Home Schoolers
Wednesday, October 13, 9:30 am - 12:00 pm$55
In our home school cooking series, children learn the important life skill of cooking by actually make their own meals! All classes are chef-led and extremely hands-on. Participants eat what they make each day and take the rest home. Parents may cook alongside their children or children may come alone.
Pecos Bill’s BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger (Frontierland)
Mr. Kamal’s Seasoned Fries (Animal Kingdom)
Ratatouille’s Roasted Vegetable Skewers
Woody’s Lunch Box Tarts (Woody’s Lunch Box)
$55 per person
Series Discount: Receive $5 off per ticket when registering for three or more tickets in our 2021 Home School series. This can be three tickets in a single class or in a combination of classes. To receive the discount, place the desired classes in cart and proceed to the checkout page. At the top of that page, enter the code “HomeSchool” in the pink Promo Code Button.
CLASSES IN EIGHT WEEK SERIES FOR HOME SCHOOLERS:
Week 1 (Sept 22): Italian Cuisine
Week 2 (Sept. 29): Sweet & Savory Baking
Week 3 (Oct 6): Mexican Street Food
Week 4 (Oct 13): Disney Inspired Cooking
Week 5 (Oct 20): Southern Cooking
Week 6 (Oct 27): Halloween Treats
Week 7 (Nov 3): Breakfast Favorites
Week 8 (Nov 10): Flavors of Fall
Depending upon the focus of the class, you can expect your child to learn some or all of the following in our hands-on classes:
1. how to be safe in the kitchen, including hand and workspace sanitizing, proper food handling, including how to wash food; knife safety;
2. how to read and follow a recipe;
3. how to arrange the kitchen workplace so that all the items needed for the recipe are located and placed nearby (mise en place);
4. how to accurately measure ingredients using measuring cups, measuring spoons, and kitchen scales;
5. how to bake/roast, stew/braise, stir-fry, make sauces and soups;
6. the difference between whole and processed foods and how each affects health;
7. the importance of sustainability and eating what is in season;
8. how to reuse or repurpose ingredients already on hand; and
9. how to clean up the kitchen.
AGES: The series is appropriate for kids ages 6 and above. In order to ensure the maximum benefit for all children, your child must be capable of following directions and cooperating with others in the class.