Children’s Winter 2022 Home School Series Week 4
Monday, February 28, 11:00 am - 1:30 pm$55
In our cooking series, children learn to cook by actually preparing the menu items themselves each day, not by watching someone else cook while explaining how the recipe is prepared. When children cook food, they are more likely to try what they have prepared. At the end of each class, the kids enjoy the food they have prepared. Parents are welcome to cook with their children by purchasing a separate ticket.
PRICING: $55 per person
AGES: The series is intended for kids ages 7 and above. Children of like ages are paired together unless friends or.
Please note: in order to ensure the maximum benefit for all children, your child must be capable of following directions and cooperating with others in the class.
Mongolian Beef with Broccoli
Vegetable Fried Rice
Chinese Almond Cookies
We believe in learning by doing. In our cooking series, all classes are hands-on, and children eat what they each make.
We will teach the kids the following as appropriate for the menu being cooked each week:
1. how to be safe in the kitchen, including hand and workspace sanitizing, proper food handling including how to wash food, and knife safety; temperature danger zone;
2. how to read and follow a recipe;
3. how to arrange the kitchen workplace so that all the items needed for the recipe are located and placed nearby;
4. how to accurately measure ingredients using measuring cups and measuring spoons and about measuring equivalents;
5. how to bake/roast, stew/braise, stir-fry, make sauces and soups;
6. the difference between whole and processed foods and how each affects health;
7. the importance of sustainability and eating what is in season;
8. how to reuse or repurpose ingredients already on hand; and
9. how to clean up the kitchen.