Spring Break Kid’s Camp: Street Tacos
March 9, 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$60
Join us for some spring break fun in the studio as we make some delicious tacos!
From Scratch Tortillas
Seasoned Ground Beef
Pico de Gallo
Hojarascas (Mexican Shortbread Cookies)
In our cooking series, all classes are hands-on, and the kids eat what they make each day. We will teach the kids the following:
1. how to be safe in the kitchen, including hand and workspace sanitizing, proper food handling including how to wash food, and knife safety; temperature danger zone;
2. how to read and follow a recipe;
3. how to arrange the kitchen workplace so that all the items needed for the recipe are located and placed nearby;
4. how to accurately measure ingredients using measuring cups and measuring spoons and about measuring equivalents;
5. how to bake/roast, stew/braise, stir-fry, make sauces and soups;
6. the difference between whole and processed foods and how each affects health;
7. the importance of sustainability and eating what is in season;
8. how to reuse or repurpose ingredients already on hand; and
9. how to clean up the kitchen.
AGES: The series is intended for kids ages 6 and above. Please note: in order to ensure the maximum benefit for all children, your child must be capable of following directions and cooperating with others in the class.
CLASS SIZE LIMIT: 16. Due to the level of individualized attention, we can accommodate only 16 children per session.
Pricing: $60 per child