- This event has passed.
Spring Break Kid’s Camp: Spring Fling Cookies
March 12, 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$60
Join us for some spring break fun in the studio as we decorate some beautiful spring cookies! Note: we include a savory snack on sweet menus for your child to enjoy during class.
Sugar Cookie Cut-Outs
Lemon Spritz Cookies
Homemade Ranch Dip with Carrot Sticks and Broccoli
In our cooking series, all classes are hands-on, and the kids eat what they make each day. We will teach the kids the following:
1. how to be safe in the kitchen, including hand and workspace sanitizing, proper food handling including how to wash food, and knife safety; temperature danger zone;
2. how to read and follow a recipe;
3. how to arrange the kitchen workplace so that all the items needed for the recipe are located and placed nearby;
4. how to accurately measure ingredients using measuring cups and measuring spoons and about measuring equivalents;
5. how to bake/roast, stew/braise, stir-fry, make sauces and soups;
6. the difference between whole and processed foods and how each affects health;
7. the importance of sustainability and eating what is in season;
8. how to reuse or repurpose ingredients already on hand; and
9. how to clean up the kitchen.
AGES: The series is intended for kids ages 6 and above. Please note: in order to ensure the maximum benefit for all children, your child must be capable of following directions and cooperating with others in the class.
CLASS SIZE LIMIT: 16. Due to the level of individualized attention, we can accommodate only 16 children per session.
Pricing: $60 per child. Register for four or more Spring Break classes and receive $5 off each class! Enter code “SpringBreakCooking” in the Promo Code box on the check out page.