Kids Italian Cuisine P.M. Camp July 27-31
July 27, 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm$310
KIDS ITALIAN CUISINE CAMP P.M. SESSION
Dates: July 27 through 31, Monday through Friday
Time: 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
In this camp, kids will learn to make a variety of Italian dishes ranging from appetizers, homemade pasta, entrees, and desserts. If Italian cuisine is not already one of their favorites, it will be after this week!
July 27-31 — Italian Cuisine
Day 1: Making Pasta from Scratch: Classic Bruschetta with Crostini, Homemade Pasta, Ricotta-filled Ravioli, Creamy Tomato Rosa Sauce, Key Lime Zeppoles
Day 2: Meatballs!: Caprese Salad, Meatballs, Vegetarian Meatballs, Marinara Sauce, Spaghetti, Zoodles, Chocolate Tiramisu
Day 3: Cooking a Chicken Parm Dinner Start to Finish: Chicken Parmesan, Roasted Parmesan Broccoli, Quick Pan Sauce, Chopped Italian Salad, Focaccia Bread
Day 4: Heavenly Lasagna with From-Scratch Noodles: Homemade Lasagna, Parmesan Cheese Twists, Gelato Bar, Chocolate Sauce, Raspberry Sauce
Day 5: Make Your Own Recipe
ABOUT JAX COOKING STUDIO SUMMER CAMPS
JAX Cooking Studio Summer Camps are sure to be a highlight of your child’s summer! We teach kids basic culinary skills. They learn to work independently and in teams to cook the day’s recipes. Each week, we feature a different camp theme, so your child can choose the most interesting topic. At the end of each day, campers eat the recipes they prepared.
On Friday, the kids will be cooking one sweet and one savory dish by themselves! Our goal is to challenge the children to use the skills they have developed during the week and to gain the culinary confidence they need to work independently of you at home. We do not want the children get overly anxious about this experience, so the chefs will be there to offer guidance, as needed.
DISCOUNT FOR TWO CAMPS:
Registering for two camps? Save $10 off each camp ($20 total) by entering Code “SummerCooking2” in the Promo Code (not Gift Certificate) box on the Checkout page.
Depending upon the camp selected, you can expect your child to learn some or all of the following in our hands-on classes:
1. how to be safe in the kitchen, including hand and workspace sanitizing, proper food handling, including how to wash food; knife safety; and temperature danger zone;
2. how to read and follow a recipe;
3. how to arrange the kitchen workplace so that all the items needed for the recipe are located and placed nearby (mise en place);
4. how to accurately measure ingredients using measuring cups, measuring spoons, and kitchen scales;
5. how to bake/roast, stew/braise, stir-fry, make sauces and soups;
6. the difference between whole and processed foods and how each affects health;
7. the importance of sustainability and eating what is in season;
8. how to reuse or repurpose ingredients already on hand; and
9. how to clean up the kitchen.
AGES: The series is appropriate for kids ages 6 and above. In order to ensure the maximum benefit for all children, your child must be capable of following directions and cooperating with others in the class.
CLASS SIZE LIMIT: Due to the level of individualized attention, we accept only 16 to 18 children per session.
BENEFITS OF TEACHING YOUR CHILD TO COOK
1. Cooking is an important life skill that your child will use his/her entire life.
2. Working in teams, kids learn cooperation and respect for each other’s ideas.
3. They practice math as they measure ingredients and divvy up food.
4. They learn about the chemistry involved in cooking.
5. World cultures and geography are brought to life in a fun, contextual way while preparing recipes.
6. They learn that food need not be full of calories and fat to be delicious.