Kids Home School Series
November 27, 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Ready for your kids learn to cook with whole foods, from scratch, in a hands-on environment, from a classically trained chef? JAX Cooking Studio is offering a fall cooking series. This experience rivals cooking lessons for kids available anywhere!
WHEN: 14 weeks on Tuesdays from 9 -11 a.m. DATES: September 11, 18, 25, October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, November 6, 13, 20, 27, and December 4, and 11.
PRICING OPTIONS: Purchase the classes individually or as a series for a deeply discounted price.
Register for entire 14 Week Series: $490 ($35/class, representing a 30% discount off individual class price).
Register for 10 classes in the series: $400 ($40/class). Use Promo Code “HS10classes” on check out page.
Register for 5 classes in the series: $225 ($45/class). Use Promo Code “HS5classes” on check out page.
Register for 1 class in the series: $50/class: “HSsingleclass” on check out page.
Installment Option: Pay in 3 credit card installments of $164 each (1st installment due upon registering, 2nd due on October 2, and 3rd due on November 6). To register in installments, enter the Promo Code “homeschoolinstallments” in the Promo Code box (not the Gift Certificate box) on the checkout page (not the cart page).
In our cooking series, all classes are hands-on, and the kids eat what they make each day. We will teach the kids the following:
1. how to be safe in the kitchen, including hand and workspace sanitizing, proper food handling including how to wash food, and knife safety; temperature danger zone;
2. how to read and follow a recipe;
3. how to arrange the kitchen workplace so that all the items needed for the recipe are located and placed nearby;
4. how to accurately measure ingredients using measuring cups and measuring spoons and about measuring equivalents;
5. how to bake/roast, stew/braise, stir-fry, make sauces and soups;
6. the difference between whole and processed foods and how each affects health;
7. the importance of sustainability and eating what is in season;
8. how to reuse or repurpose ingredients already on hand; and
9. how to clean up the kitchen.
NOTE: There are almost always left-overs, so please send your child with a reusable container to share their scratch-made creations with you.
AGES: The series is intended for kids ages 6 and above. Please note: in order to ensure the maximum benefit for all children, your child must be capable of following directions and cooperating with others in the class.
CLASS SIZE LIMIT: 16. Due to the level of individualized attention, we can accommodate only 16 kids per session.