- This event has passed.
Kids’ Favorite American Classics
Wednesday, December 30, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$60
Enjoy a delicious few hours in the cooking studio making some American favorites. Our chef will guide you through each recipe, discussing the flavors of this much-loved cuisine, as you create your own flavorful fare!
Home Made Soft Pretzels with a Sweet Maple Mustard Sauce
Fried Mozzarella Cheese Sticks with Marinara
Beef and Bacon Sliders
Oven Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
Pricing: $60 per child (ages 6 or older, please).
Multi-class Discount: Buy three or more $60 tickets in these classes and get $5 off per class (enter code “HolidayCooking” in Promo Code box on Check Out page):
Holiday Treats for Kids
Holiday Cooking for Kids
Christmas Doughnuts for Kids
Kids’ Ravioli from Scratch, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Kids’ Ravioli from Scratch, 1:30 -4:30 p.m.
Kids’ Dim Sum, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Kids’ New Year’s Treats, 1:30-4:30 p.m.
Kids’ Favorite American Classics, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Kids’ Favorite American Classics, 1:30-4:30 p.m.
In our cooking series, all classes are hands-on, and the kids eat what they make each day. We will teach the kids the following:
1. how to be safe in the kitchen, including hand and workspace sanitizing, proper food handling including how to wash food, and knife safety; temperature danger zone;
2. how to read and follow a recipe;
3. how to arrange the kitchen workplace so that all the items needed for the recipe are located and placed nearby;
4. how to accurately measure ingredients using measuring cups and measuring spoons and about measuring equivalents;
5. how to bake/roast, stew/braise, stir-fry, make sauces and soups;
6. the difference between whole and processed foods and how each affects health;
7. the importance of sustainability and eating what is in season;
8. how to reuse or repurpose ingredients already on hand; and
9. how to clean up the kitchen.