- This event has passed.
Kids’ Fall PM Cooking Series Week 8: Flavors of Fall
Monday, November 18, 2019, 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm$42
The children will learn to make a variety of Fall favorites, some savory and some sweet. When we have finished cooking, we’ll enjoy the fruits of our labor as we gather around the JAX Cooking Studio communal table to enjoy the meal we have prepared.
PLEASE SEND REUSABLE CONTAINERS FOR YOUR CHILDREN TO TAKE HOME LEFT OVERS.
Classes in Fall Series:
Week 1 (September 23): Ravioli from Scratch
Week 2 (September 30): Breakfast Bonanza
Week 3 (October 7): South of the Border
Week 4 (October 14): Sweet and Savory Baking
Week 5 (October 21): Burger Bar
Week 6 (October 28): Halloween Cookies and Snacks
Week 7 (November 4): Chicken Dinner from Scratch
Week 8 (November 18): Flavors of Fall
PRICING: $320 for entire 8 week series or $42 for each individual class.
We believe in learning by doing. In our cooking series, all classes are hands-on, and children eat what they each make.
We will teach the kids the following:
1. how to be safe in the kitchen, including hand and workspace sanitizing, proper food handling including how to wash food, and knife safety; temperature danger zone;
2. how to read and follow a recipe;
3. how to arrange the kitchen workplace so that all the items needed for the recipe are located and placed nearby;
4. how to accurately measure ingredients using measuring cups and measuring spoons and about measuring equivalents;
5. how to bake/roast, stew/braise, stir-fry, make sauces and soups;
6. the difference between whole and processed foods and how each affects health;
7. the importance of sustainability and eating what is in season;
8. how to reuse or repurpose ingredients already on hand; and
9. how to clean up the kitchen.
AGES: The series is intended for kids ages 6 and above. Children of like ages are paired together.
Please note: in order to ensure the maximum benefit for all children, your child must be capable of following directions and cooperating with others in the class.
CLASS SIZE LIMIT: 16. Due to the level of individualized attention, we can accommodate only 16 children per session.