Kids’ Dim Sum
December 29, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$60
Have some fun and acquire important cooking skills at the same time! We will make some amazing Asian small plates.
Summer Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce
Shrimp Fried Rice
Pricing: $60 per child.
Multi-class Discount: Buy three or more $60 tickets in these classes and get $5 off per class (enter code “HolidayCooking” in Promo Code box on Check Out page):
Holiday Treats for Kids
Holiday Treat for Families
Holiday Cooking for Kids
Holiday Cooking for Families
Christmas Doughnuts for Kids
Christmas Doughnuts for Families
Kids’ Ravioli from Scratch, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Kids’ Ravioli from Scratch, 1:30 -4:30 p.m.
Kids’ Dim Sum, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Kids’ Dim Sum, 1:30-4:30 p.m.
Kids’ Favorite American Classics, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Kids’ Favorite American Classics, 1:30-4:30 p.m.
AGES: The series is intended for kids ages 6 and above. Please note: in order to ensure the maximum benefit for all children, your child must be capable of following directions and cooperating with others in the class.
In our cooking series, all classes are hands-on, and the kids eat what they make each day. We will teach the kids the following:
1. how to be safe in the kitchen, including hand and workspace sanitizing, proper food handling including how to wash food, and knife safety; temperature danger zone;
2. how to read and follow a recipe;
3. how to arrange the kitchen workplace so that all the items needed for the recipe are located and placed nearby;
4. how to accurately measure ingredients using measuring cups and measuring spoons and about measuring equivalents;
5. how to bake/roast, stew/braise, stir-fry, make sauces and soups;
6. the difference between whole and processed foods and how each affects health;
7. the importance of sustainability and eating what is in season;
8. how to reuse or repurpose ingredients already on hand; and
9. how to clean up the kitchen.