- This event has passed.
Kids’ After School Spring Cooking Series Jan 22
January 22, 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm$150 – $450
Ready for your kids learn to cook with whole foods, from scratch, in a hands-on environment, from a classically trained chef? JAX Cooking Studio is offering a spring cooking series. This experience rivals cooking lessons for kids available anywhere!
ENTIRE SERIES: 10 weeks on Tuesdays from 4-6 p.m. DATES: January 22, 29, February 5, 12, 19, 26, March 3, 5, 19, 26, April 2.
MAKE UP CLASS: One make-up class will be held on April 1 from 4.-6 p.m. for those who register for the entire series and miss a class.
THIS CLASS: January 22, 4-6 p.m.
PRICING OPTIONS: Purchase the classes individually or as a series for a discounted price.
Register for entire 10 Week Series: $450 ($45/class).
Register for 1 class in the series: $50/class: Enter code “Singlekidsclass” under Promo Code (not Gift Certificate) box on check out page.
Installment Option: Pay for full series in 3 credit card installments of $150. By choosing this option, your credit card will be charged $150 at checkout. Thirty days later, your credit card will be charged a second $150, and 30 days after your second payment, your card will be charged a final payment of $150.
Volume Discount: Register two children from same family and receive a $25 discount at checkout by entering Promo Code “KidsCook” on the check out page.
In our cooking series, all classes are hands-on, and the kids eat what they make each day. We will teach the kids the following:
1. how to be safe in the kitchen, including hand and workspace sanitizing, proper food handling including how to wash food, and knife safety; temperature danger zone;
2. how to read and follow a recipe;
3. how to arrange the kitchen workplace so that all the items needed for the recipe are located and placed nearby;
4. how to accurately measure ingredients using measuring cups and measuring spoons and about measuring equivalents;
5. how to bake/roast, stew/braise, stir-fry, make sauces and soups;
6. the difference between whole and processed foods and how each affects health;
7. the importance of sustainability and eating what is in season;
8. how to reuse or repurpose ingredients already on hand; and
9. how to clean up the kitchen.
AGES: The series is intended for kids ages 6 and above. Please note: in order to ensure the maximum benefit for all children, your child must be capable of following directions and cooperating with others in the class.
CLASS SIZE LIMIT: 16. Due to the level of individualized attention, we can accommodate only 16 children per session.