Kids After School Cooking Series
December 4, 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Ready for your kids learn to cook with whole foods, from scratch, in a hands-on environment, from a classically trained chef? JAX Cooking Studio is offering a fall cooking series. This experience rivals cooking lessons for kids available anywhere!
WHEN: 15 weeks on Tuesdays from 4-6 p.m. DATES: September 4, 11, 18, 25, October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, November 6, 13, 20, 27, and December 4, and 11.
PRICING OPTIONS: Purchase the classes individually or as a series for a deeply discounted price.
Register for entire 15 Week Series: $525 ($35/class).
Register for 10 classes in the series: $400 ($40/class). Use Promo Code “AS10classes” on check out page.
Register for 5 classes in the series: $225 ($45/class). Use Promo Code “AS5classes” on check out page.
Register for 1 class in the series: $50/class: “ASsingleclass” on check out page.
Installment Option: Pay in 3 credit card installments. Contact us for more information.
In our cooking series, all classes are hands-on, and the kids eat what they make each day. We will teach the kids the following:
1. how to be safe in the kitchen, including hand and workspace sanitizing, proper food handling including how to wash food, and knife safety; temperature danger zone;
2. how to read and follow a recipe;
3. how to arrange the kitchen workplace so that all the items needed for the recipe are located and placed nearby;
4. how to accurately measure ingredients using measuring cups and measuring spoons and about measuring equivalents;
5. how to bake/roast, stew/braise, stir-fry, make sauces and soups;
6. the difference between whole and processed foods and how each affects health;
7. the importance of sustainability and eating what is in season;
8. how to reuse or repurpose ingredients already on hand; and
9. how to clean up the kitchen.
NOTE: There are almost always left-overs, so please send your child with a reusable container to share their scratch-made creations with you.
AGES: The series is intended for kids ages 6 and above. Please note: in order to ensure the maximum benefit for all children, your child must be capable of following directions and cooperating with others in the class.
CLASS SIZE LIMIT: 16. Due to the level of individualized attention, we can accommodate only 16 kids per session.