Fall Cooking Series for Children
October 27, 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating until Tuesday, November 10, 2020
KIDS’ FALL EIGHT WEEK EVENING COOKING SERIES
We believe in helping children acquire the important life skill of cooking by having them learn actually make their own meals! In our cooking series, all classes are extremely hands-on, and children eat what they make each day.
Classes in Fall Series:
Week 1 (Sept 22): Ravioli from Scratch, pasta dough, ricotta filling, marinara, garlic knots
Week 2 (Sept. 29): Breakfast Bonanza, banana muffins, streusel, bacon and eggs, pancakes.
Week 3 (Oct 6): South of the Border, corn tortillas, enchiladas, salsa, queso, chips
Week 4 (Oct 14): Sweet and Savory Baking, Bavarian pretzels, monkey bread, ham and cheese pockets, oatmeal cookies
Week 5 (Oct 20): Burger Bar, burger buns, sweet potato fries, fruit salad, melon carving demo
Week 6 (Oct 27): Halloween Cookies and Snacks, mummy dogs, cupcakes, sugar cookies,
Week 7 (Nov 3): Asian Dumplings and Noodles, potstickers, ramen noodles, fortune cookies
Week 8 (Nov 10): Flavors of Fall, cheese ball and crackers, pumpkin roll with buttercream, caramel apple pop tarts
CLASS SIZE LIMIT: 16. Due to the level of individualized attention, we can accommodate only 16 children per session.
PRICING: $400 for entire 8 week series. If spaces are available in any class, we will post those on our children’s class page for $50.
We will teach the children:
1. how to be safe in the kitchen, including hand and workspace sanitizing; proper food storage and handling; knife safety; and temperature danger zones;
2. how to read and follow a recipe;
3. how to arrange the kitchen workplace so that all the items needed for the recipe are located and placed nearby;
4. how to accurately measure ingredients using measuring cups and measuring spoons and about measuring equivalents;
5. how to bake/roast, stew/braise, stir-fry, make sauces and soups;
6. the difference between whole and processed foods and how each affects health;
7. how to reuse or repurpose ingredients already on hand; and
8. how to clean up the kitchen.
AGES: The series is intended for kids ages 6 and above. Children of like ages are paired together.
Please note: in order to ensure the maximum benefit for all children, your child must be capable of following directions and cooperating with others in the class.