Fall Cooking Series for Children
September 22, 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating until Tuesday, November 10, 2020
KIDS’ FALL EIGHT WEEK EVENING COOKING SERIES
We believe in helping children acquire the important life skill of cooking by having them learn actually make their own meals! In our cooking series, all classes are extremely hands-on, and children eat what they make each day.
Classes in Fall Series:
Week 1 (September 22): Ravioli from Scratch
Week 2 (September 29): Breakfast Bonanza
Week 3 (October 6): South of the Border
Week 4 (October 13): Sweet and Savory Baking
Week 5 (October 20): Burger Bar
Week 6 (October 27): Halloween Cookies and Snacks
Week 7 (November 3): Asian Dumplings and Noodles
Week 8 (November 10): Flavors of Fall
CLASS SIZE LIMIT: 16. Due to the level of individualized attention, we can accommodate only 16 children per session.
PRICING: $400 for entire 8 week series. If spaces are available in any class, we will post those on our children’s class page for $50.
We will teach the children:
1. how to be safe in the kitchen, including hand and workspace sanitizing; proper food storage and handling; knife safety; and temperature danger zones;
2. how to read and follow a recipe;
3. how to arrange the kitchen workplace so that all the items needed for the recipe are located and placed nearby;
4. how to accurately measure ingredients using measuring cups and measuring spoons and about measuring equivalents;
5. how to bake/roast, stew/braise, stir-fry, make sauces and soups;
6. the difference between whole and processed foods and how each affects health;
7. how to reuse or repurpose ingredients already on hand; and
8. how to clean up the kitchen.
AGES: The series is intended for kids ages 6 and above. Children of like ages are paired together.
Please note: in order to ensure the maximum benefit for all children, your child must be capable of following directions and cooperating with others in the class.